Women Education Grants

Education grants?

I am a 35 year old woman who wants to go back to college to study psychology / physical science. I have no college “under my belt”, so would be starting from scratch. I am excited about the opportunity to learn, but fearful of the expense. I have heard that there are grant programs for women returning to school. Does anyone know where I can find information relating to this?

Check out Federal Student Aid Web Site or FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

I suggest you explore all federal funding and grant options at the Federal Student Aid website http://federalstudentaid.ed.gov/

You may also want to read the Handbook of the Pell Grant — this is an 86 page document that contains everything about the grant

Or you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center http://www.ed.gov/programs/fpg/gtepfpg.pdf at 1-800-433-3243 and ask them if there are any programs for women of your age

Aside from FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov and Pell Grant http://www.ed.gov/programs/fpg/index.html , you may want to explore private foundation grants

Also check out Fastweb http://www.fastweb.com

For private grants, you may want to check the Foundation Center’s Foundation Grants for Individuals Online http://gtionline.fdncenter.org . It’s a subscription based website ($9.95 per month) and their opening blurb says that the database is ideal for “students, artists, academic researchers, libraries and financial aid offices.” You may be able to find grants from private foundations.

Government Grants: Claim Your Free Government Grant Money

Leave a Reply

Name *
Email *