Scholarship Program

Can an enlisted service member apply for the Health Professions Scholarship Program?

I am currently enlisted and am looking into going to Medical School and was wondering if I can apply for HPSP. I can’t apply for STA-21 Medical Corps Program because I already have a bachelor’s degree.

Yes, you can apply for the HPSP. There is one thing that you need to understand however, if you do apply and you get accepted then you will be paid at the stipend rate for the HPSP only. You will lose all of your AD pay (including BAH if you get it). The current rate for the stipend is around $2000/mo. You may want to look into going to the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences for Med school At USUHS you will be commissioned as an ENS, MC, USNR and be placed on the AD list, you will get full pay and benefits of an O-1 (O-1E if over 4 years enlisted), BAH, BAS, and they pay for everything else.
If you have any other questions, please contact me. I have recently been in contact with the program managers of this program and have a lot more information.

Save the DC Opportunity Scholarship Program

Leave a Reply

Name *
Email *